Prohibition of sexual harassment of working women
The employees of the Commission are governed by the Central
Secretariat Services (Conduct ) Rules 1964 which treats sexual harassment of women as
misconduct as per the provisions of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace(Prevention,
Prohibition and Redressal )Act 2013. In terms of this
Click Here: The Sexual Harassment of women at workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and
Redressal) Act, 2013
- No employee should indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any women at her work place.
- Sexual harassment for this purpose, includes any unwelcome sexually determined behaviour, whether directly or otherwise, such as-
- physical contact and advances,
- demand or request for sexual favours,
- sexually coloured remarks,
- showing any pornography, or
- any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
- If any such act is punishable under the Indian Penal Code or any other law, the concerned authorities shall make a complaint with the appropriate authority for initiating criminal action against the employee.
- Every employee incharge of a work place shall take appropriate steps to prevent sexual harassment to any woman employee.
- It should be ensured that victims, or witnesses are not victimized to discriminated against while dealing with complaints of sexual harassment.
- An appropriate complain mechanism should be created for time bound redressal of grievance by the victims. The machinery existing for this purpose should be made more effective and women officers should preferably handle such complaints.
- The report of the Complaints Committee shall be deemed to be an inquiry report under the CCS Rules. Thereafter the disciplinary authority will act on the report as per the rules.
- The victims of sexual harassment should have the option to seek transfer of the perpetrator or their own transfer.
- Committee constituted for redressal of the complaints by the victims of sexual harassment should be headed by an officer sufficiently higher in rank, than the perpetrator so as to lend credibility to the investigations. The committee shall be deemed to be the Inquiring Authority appointed by the Disciplinary Authority.
- The Complaints Committee shall hold if separate procedure has not been prescribed for the Complaints for holding the enquiry into such complaints, the enquiry as far as possible in accordance with Rule 14(2) of CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965.